Terms & Conditions
1. The terms and conditions set out here shall apply between Reading Minibuses (the “Company”) and the “Customer” whose name appears in the bookings database and shall apply to the provision of any and all drivers or delivery service (the “Service”) undertaken from time to time by Reading Minibuses for the Customers during the continuance of this agreement and any and all other terms warranties and/or conditions implied by statute and/or common law are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
2. The Company reserves the right to revise any of the terms and conditions stated here and will come into effect 24 hours after posting.
3. The charges payable by the Customer for the Service shall be at the rate specified in the Company’s schedule of charges. These charges can be reviewed at any time by the Customer and will come into effect 1 day after posting.
4. All bookings placed by the Customer will be settled in cash or credit/debit card (subject to a handling & processing charge) either prior to the journey or at the end of the journey.
5. All account Customer’s must settle their account within 30 days from the date of invoice by their chosen method i.e. BACS or company credit card.
6. The Customer shall be entitled for any reason not to withhold any payment of monies due to the Company and in particular shall not be entitled to do so in circumstances where the Customer is in dispute with the Company and/or claims money or compensation for the Company in respect of the service.
7. An additional surcharge of 50% on the prices listed may be added on the following dates: 24th & 31st December and 100% on 25th December and 1st January.
8. There may be an additional charge if the passenger has to make a stop on the way of the journey or any other diversion on the way. The drivers are competent and have a good working knowledge of Wokingham and the surrounding areas and strive to take the shortest possible route on that specific day. If you need to make another stop on the way the passenger will need to give prior notices or during booking. If on the way the passenger suddenly needs to make a stop or there is optional extras they would like to take that was not booked in advance then it is up to the discretion of the driver to see if it is possible to comply with the request.
9. At the airport we include 1 hour waiting time for free once the flight has landed, and thereafter the charge will be £16 per hour (billed at 15 minute intervals or part thereof at £4 per 15 minutes). At any pickup address we allow up to 15 minutes free waiting from the booking time, and thereafter waiting time starts (which includes the first 15 minutes as well).
10. We monitor flights for any delays and there is no extra cost to the passenger if the flight has been delayed. If the passenger misses the flight coming into one of the UK airports, the passenger has to call the Company immediately. There will be no extra cost if the passenger calls at least 1 hour before the scheduled arrival of that flight with their details. If, however, the passenger does not travel or an error has been made with the booking such as the wrong date or time and a Reading Minibuses driver has been sent to the pickup location for that date and time then the full fare will be charged.
11. A booking may only be altered or cancelled with the permission of the Company and has to be done either by email, phone or text, allowing enough notice time. Failure to cancel a booking leaves that booking as unpaid. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that any outstanding payments for that booking is made within 7 days from the booking date. If a payment still remains as unpaid after 7 days then the Company will take legal action to recover the unpaid amount. Information such as phone calls, voice mails, emails or texts provided during the booking will be used as evidence should this matter proceed to court.
12. If we pick up from a UK address the driver will wait up to 15 minutes after the scheduled booking time. If we are unable to make contact with the passenger (ringing the doorbell and/or calling the contact phone number) we will pull the driver away and the passenger will be responsible for the full cost. At the airport the driver will go into the terminal building when the flight has landed and will wait by the designated pickup points in the arrivals hall. The passenger has 1 hour free waiting time thereafter. After 1 hour the waiting charge will apply as stipulated in section 9.
13. If the passenger has been waiting at the information desk of the airport and fails to make contact with the driver, the passenger should call the Company so as to arrange how to meet. Passengers’ should not just leave the airport without letting the Company know, as this will be regarded as a ‘no show’. Should a ‘no show’ occur as a result of the Customer leaving the airport without first contacting the Company then the full charge will be payable by the Customer.
14. It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that they allow enough time for any kind of onward travel e.g. to catch a flight, train, ship etc. The Company will not be liable if you miss your flight, train, ship etc. due to road, traffic, weather conditions or anything else beyond its direct control and will not compensate for any onward travel whatsoever. If it is the fault of the Company (in the event that a pre-booked taxi is more than 15 minutes late from the pickup address) and you have missed your onward travel then we will at most compensate ONLY for the taxi journey that was booked from the pickup address to the destination address on that particular date & time. Further compensation may be made in exceptional circumstances for which you will need to contact the Company.
15. Illustrations, photographs and descriptions on the website, brochures, pricelists or documents serve merely as a guide and will not be binding.
16. The Company reserves the right to make use of subcontractors to provide the service to the passengers. These subcontractors will be able to provide a high quality of service and will be licensed and comply with the regulations stipulated with the local authority.
17. Prices of journeys also depend on the size of the vehicle. The Company or Company’s driver (subcontractor) will have the right to refuse any passenger who has excess luggage, which would result in the car being unsafe while in transit. The passenger has to make sure that the correct sized vehicle is booked according to the guidelines set out and to notify us of any excess luggage.
18. The driver will kindly assist you to load your luggage if you prefer, but are not responsible for any damages to passenger’s luggage.
19. The Company shall not undertake the carriage/delivery of: any money or securities (cash, cheques, bankers draft, bonds, share certificates in any form), antiques, precious metal, furs, jewellery (in any form and whatsoever value), any goods and property on any intrinsic value of more than £150, any goods or property (in whatsoever nature) of hazardous, dangerous, inflammable, explosive or noxious nature and/or any goods or property which may materially deteriorate in transit unless the Customer has prior commencement of the service in respect of such goods and property expressly notified the Company as to the nature and the value of the same and a director of the Company has expressly agreed in writing the Company shall carry and deliver such goods and property.
20. Without prejudice to generality of clause 19 the Company shall have not in any event be liable directly or indirectly for: consequential loss (whether for loss of profit or otherwise) and or loss, damage and/or its employees and/or agents or arising otherwise howsoever.
21. The Company shall be entitled to destroy any goods or property referred to in clause 19 in such manner as the Company thinks fit if in the Company’s opinion it is proper to do so and the Company shall amount the Customer for money it receives (if any) on such destruction or disposal in excess of the cost incurred by the Company in so disposing of or destroying the goods or property.
22. Without prejudice to generality of clause 19 the Company shall have not in any event be liable for any loss or damage arising directly or not directly from: theft from a vehicle (attended or unattended), breakdown, accident, adverse weather conditions, any act or commission on the part of the Customer, any cause, act or circumstance beyond the control of the Company (including without limitation, any strike (official or not) lock out or other form of industrial action or labour dispute, government regulation, legal restrictions, embargoes, fire, flood, Act of God, any consequence of riot war invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not) civil war, rebellion or military or usurped power, confiscation, requisition or destruction of or damage to proper by or upon the order of our in the name of any government of public or local authority) , inadequate or inappropriate packaging of goods or incorrect of inadequate labelling or instruction received from the Customer and/or the Company being prevented of hindered from delivering goods or property.
23. The Company does not have insurance for goods or property (of whatsoever nature) in transit (from the time of collection of the goods or property are collected by the Company or Company’s Subcontractor up to and including delivery thereof) and the Customer is advised to effect such insurance as the Customer deems necessary for the carriage of goods and/or property by the Company.
24. The Company provides the passenger the option of additionally booking a baby seat, which will be £5 extra to the prices quoted. Please keep in mind that babies & children are regarded as passengers and therefore to book the vehicle size accordingly.
25. Any passenger, during their journey, that causes fouling (by vomiting, general sickness or other unpleasant means e.g. food or drink) to the interior or exterior of the vehicle will be liable to pay the sum of £10 for the exterior and £50 for the interior in addition to their fare for that journey. The prices stipulated here are those as determined by the local Council and not the Company.
* Although not law (in a taxi or private hire vehicle) for children under 3 years of age, it is recommended that for the safety of your child you book an appropriate sized child seat. Also, Reading Minibuses does not have provisions to store a customer’s child seat.
26. Refund Policy– All cancellations of local journeys made before the booking time and prior to vehicle despatch will not incur a penalty charge. All airport journeys must be cancelled no less than 24 hours prior to the pick-up time. If you need to cancel a booking please contact us by phoning our call centre.
As a general rule local journeys are normally dispatched up to twenty minutes before their due time. Cancellations for local journeys made prior to the booking time, but after a vehicle has been despatched will be subject to a charge up to the full price of the fare. Cancellations for airport journeys made less than 24 hours prior to the pick-up time will be subject to a charge up to the full price of the fare.
In the instance of a late cancellation fee being levied for non-prepaid journeys an invoice for the fee plus VAT will be issued. The invoice must be paid within 30 days of invoice date and any unpaid invoices will incur a maximum 100% charge of the original invoice amount. The time stipulated for payment shall be of the essence of the Agreement. Failure to pay within the period specified shall entitle us to write to you and upon the expiration of seven days’ notice, to charge you for costs and expenses incurred in recovering late payments, and to charge interest at the rate then in force pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as at the due date or on the above rate whichever is the greater.
All refunds must be requested within 7 days of the original booking date. Refunds to credit/debit cards can only be refunded to the original card used. Refunds made by cheque can only be made out to the customer who made the original booking.
In the event of circumstances beyond our control we reserve the right to cancel all services. Where payment has been made a refund will be issued. If a car breaks down during the journey, an alternative will be provided with a practical time allowance.
No refunds will be given for journeys terminated part way through the hire. If the journey is not prepaid full fare will be due to the driver and/or an invoice that is subject to VAT will be issued.
– subject to availability
– Call to confirm the fares
– please retain the card to claim the discount
– Discount doesn’t apply on already discounted price/parking tickets/congestion charges etc.